Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jcutica
Reel Rookie

Trouble pairing a non Roku sound bar

I have a cheap ijoy wireless sound bar that I bought and can't get it to pair with my onn. Roku TV. It says if it was previously set up, ( I had the sound bar paired with my phone earlier), to press the reset button on the sound bar for,10 seconds then it should start pairing. I don't see a reset button on the sound bar! Any suggestions????

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Trouble pairing a non Roku sound bar

Roku TVs will only pair with Roku wireless speakers. They don't have Bluetooth, so there's no way to pair with a non-Roku soundbar. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
LannGv

Re your answer that, "Roku TVs will only pair with Roku wireless speakers. They don't have Bluetooth, so there's no way to pair with a non-Roku soundbar."  I'm not sure that I understand the answer because it appears to address trying to pair speakers and soundbar.   That sort of addresses my problem which is,   I recently bought a Roku Select Series 4K HDR TV and at the same time bought a Yamaha ATS-1090 sound bar, which is connected to the TV via ARC HDMI cable. 

Both The Roku TV & Yamaha sound bar have wireless pairing capability,  But, when I've gone through all installation steps, the TV cannot find the sound bar.  Is that because there are no non-Roku sound bars that are compatible with or will pair with Roku TV's, period?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@LannGv wrote:

Both The Roku TV & Yamaha sound bar have wireless pairing capability,  But, when I've gone through all installation steps, the TV cannot find the sound bar.  Is that because there are no non-Roku sound bars that are compatible with or will pair with Roku TV's, period?

HDMI-ARC is absolutely the preferred method of connecting a TV to a soundbar. Any other method you might lose multi-channel sound, and only get stereo. But yes, to my knowledge a Roku TV can only pair with Roku speakers. Wireless headphones might work, but that's the only possibility I can think of. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos