Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jcutica
Reel Rookie

Trouble pairing a non Roku sound bar

Jump to solution

I have a cheap ijoy wireless sound bar that I bought and can't get it to pair with my onn. Roku TV. It says if it was previously set up, ( I had the sound bar paired with my phone earlier), to press the reset button on the sound bar for,10 seconds then it should start pairing. I don't see a reset button on the sound bar! Any suggestions????

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Trouble pairing a non Roku sound bar

Jump to solution

Roku TVs will only pair with Roku wireless speakers. They don't have Bluetooth, so there's no way to pair with a non-Roku soundbar. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
atc98092

Jump to solution

Roku TVs will only pair with Roku wireless speakers. They don't have Bluetooth, so there's no way to pair with a non-Roku soundbar. 

Dan

LannGv

Jump to solution

Re your answer that, "Roku TVs will only pair with Roku wireless speakers. They don't have Bluetooth, so there's no way to pair with a non-Roku soundbar."  I'm not sure that I understand the answer because it appears to address trying to pair speakers and soundbar.   That sort of addresses my problem which is,   I recently bought a Roku Select Series 4K HDR TV and at the same time bought a Yamaha ATS-1090 sound bar, which is connected to the TV via ARC HDMI cable. 

Both The Roku TV & Yamaha sound bar have wireless pairing capability,  But, when I've gone through all installation steps, the TV cannot find the sound bar.  Is that because there are no non-Roku sound bars that are compatible with or will pair with Roku TV's, period?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@LannGv wrote:

Both The Roku TV & Yamaha sound bar have wireless pairing capability,  But, when I've gone through all installation steps, the TV cannot find the sound bar.  Is that because there are no non-Roku sound bars that are compatible with or will pair with Roku TV's, period?

HDMI-ARC is absolutely the preferred method of connecting a TV to a soundbar. Any other method you might lose multi-channel sound, and only get stereo. But yes, to my knowledge a Roku TV can only pair with Roku speakers. Wireless headphones might work, but that's the only possibility I can think of. 

Dan

0 Kudos