Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
inahurava

Thinking about getting a Roku, have some questions.

Firstly, how does it connect to the tv? My tv is ancient and does not have a USB input.

Secondly, I'm getting it mostly for Netflix, so how does it work with that? Can I add things to the instant queue and watch things that aren't on the instant queue on it?

Third, what are the differences between the Roku 2, and the Roku 3?

Fourth and Final, how easy, clean, and fast are the menus? The device I'm currently using to watch Netflix on my tv has really laggy menus, to the point where it's hard to navigate.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Thinking about getting a Roku, have some questions.

@inahurava

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more detailed information about what you need to connect a Roku device to you TV, we would recommend checking out our Support page here: TV requirements

In regards to Netflix, Roku devices have access to the Netflix channel. Once you've authenticated the Netflix channel with your user credentials, you will be able to stream Netflix through the Roku device.

Please be aware that the Roku 2 and Roku 3 are older devices, for more information and comparisons of the newest Roku devices, visit our Support page here.

Lastly, the Roku interface and Home screen are clean and easy to navigate!

Hope that answers your inquiry, but let us know if you have other questions we can assist you with.

Happy Streaming!

Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos