Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark88

The activation link in my email will not work. What can i do to activate my new TV?

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The activation link in my email will not work what van i do to activate my new tv

Jump to solution

Hi @Ashly69,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about how we can help. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What was the error message when attempting to activate your Roku device? 

Start here for step by step instructions:

What to do if you don't receive an activation email from Roku

If you do not receive an activation email from Roku after completing the activation steps, there are a few things to check to ensure you are able to receive the email and complete activation. If you still do not see an activation email in your inbox, try the following:

• Wait a bit longer. In some cases, it can take several minutes before you receive the activation email. Be sure to wait a few minutes before moving forward with troubleshooting steps.

• Confirm that you entered your email address correctly. Email addresses are not case sensitive, but extra characters that may have been added by mistake can prevent an activation email from arriving in your inbox.

• Check your spam folder. Your email may be set up to automatically block emails from unrecognized senders and place these messages in a spam or junk folder. You may need to go into your spam folder and accept Roku as a recognized sender to ensure that the activation email and other Roku emails appear in your inbox.

What to do if your Roku activation link does not work

If the activation email troubleshooting steps did not resolve your issue, or if your activation link is not working, return to the on-screen activation on your Roku device and:

1. Press Star star button on Roku remote on your remote
  2. Select Edit email
  3. Re-enter or update your email address when prompted
  4. Check your email for a new activation link

If you continue to have issues receiving the activation email, try to activate your Roku device using a different email address.

Note: Keep in mind that the activation link expires30 minutes after being sent to your email. If you see ‘Your account activation link expired’ or ‘We can't seem to reach you by Email’ when trying to use the activation link, tap ‘Resend’ on your Roku device and another email will be sent. After a moment, look in your inbox for another message from Roku with a new activation link for you to try.

If you continue to see either message after receiving a new activation link, try activating your Roku device using a different email address.

You may also refer to this link: How do I activate or link my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support 

If you are still having any issues with your activating your device after following these steps, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
48 REPLIES 48
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The activation link in my email will not work what van i do to activate my new tv

Jump to solution

Hi @Mark88,

We're very sorry to hear of the troubles and I'd be happy to help.

Have you tried performing a factory reset on your Roku TV to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?
For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jc20
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku TV from TCL was factory restarted. It is prompting me for email address. So I provide it. I get email with link.  I click link. Takes me to a myroku page that is completely blank except for quotation marks on it. “

I have 4 other Roku TVs. I tried to go to website and login and click add device. It takes me to same page with quotation marks and nothing else. 

I’m stuck. If I can’t get help here I will have to resort to social media. 

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jc20

We're very sorry to hear of the troubles and I'd be happy to help.

Have you already tried to use a different browser to go online? Have you already tried to use a different device or computer to go online?

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
Jc20
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When I did the factory reset the Roku starts up and looks for updates to the software.  But it stops looking pretty quickly, and doesn't do any updates which is strange.  Then it gives me the email prompt to get an activation link.  When I enter my email and submit it, I get an activation email, so I know the connection to the internet is working (and it works for my phone and computer).  I click the activation link in the email and the Roku TV doesn't do anything in response.  It just sits there on the "check your email for a link" page.

What else could I try?

0 Kudos
Ashly69

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem 😭😭😭💔

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jc20,

Apologies for the inconvenience. We would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Ashly69,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about how we can help. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What was the error message when attempting to activate your Roku device? 

Start here for step by step instructions:

What to do if you don't receive an activation email from Roku

If you do not receive an activation email from Roku after completing the activation steps, there are a few things to check to ensure you are able to receive the email and complete activation. If you still do not see an activation email in your inbox, try the following:

• Wait a bit longer. In some cases, it can take several minutes before you receive the activation email. Be sure to wait a few minutes before moving forward with troubleshooting steps.

• Confirm that you entered your email address correctly. Email addresses are not case sensitive, but extra characters that may have been added by mistake can prevent an activation email from arriving in your inbox.

• Check your spam folder. Your email may be set up to automatically block emails from unrecognized senders and place these messages in a spam or junk folder. You may need to go into your spam folder and accept Roku as a recognized sender to ensure that the activation email and other Roku emails appear in your inbox.

What to do if your Roku activation link does not work

If the activation email troubleshooting steps did not resolve your issue, or if your activation link is not working, return to the on-screen activation on your Roku device and:

1. Press Star star button on Roku remote on your remote
  2. Select Edit email
  3. Re-enter or update your email address when prompted
  4. Check your email for a new activation link

If you continue to have issues receiving the activation email, try to activate your Roku device using a different email address.

Note: Keep in mind that the activation link expires30 minutes after being sent to your email. If you see ‘Your account activation link expired’ or ‘We can't seem to reach you by Email’ when trying to use the activation link, tap ‘Resend’ on your Roku device and another email will be sent. After a moment, look in your inbox for another message from Roku with a new activation link for you to try.

If you continue to see either message after receiving a new activation link, try activating your Roku device using a different email address.

You may also refer to this link: How do I activate or link my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support 

If you are still having any issues with your activating your device after following these steps, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mary4256

Re: The activation link in my email will not work. What can i do to activate my new TV?

Jump to solution

I have not recieved an action e mail

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The activation link in my email will not work. What can i do to activate my new TV?

Jump to solution

Hi @mary4256,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Have you checked into your spam folder if you are not seeing the activation link to your inbox?

In addition to my post above, you can try performing a factory reset on your device. This will reset all settings and return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup.
For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support
If you are still unable to get an activation code, we recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device. Alternately, I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network or mobile hotspot. 

Keep us posted from there if you need additional help.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos