Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dethcicle71
Reel Rookie

TCL Roku TV and Samsung Soundbar Not Found

Jump to solution

I have a TCL Roku tv and a Samsung soundbar within 3 feet. The TV can’t detect the bluetooth, nor does it care when I connect it direct with an Aux cable. Before I go buy an optical cable… am I missing something?

Are these not compatible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCL Roku TV and Samsung Soundbar Not Found

Jump to solution

Yes, it's for Roku Ready Soundbar's like the one @renojim link to, or Roku Soundbar, Roku Streambar Pro, and Roku Streambar. In ALL cases they communicate via Wifi-Direct, not Bluetooth. And that's only for the remote to control the Soundbar, with Roku speakers mentioned above and TCL Roku Ready each are hardwired to send the audio and video, none are wireless like a Bluetooth speaker. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Yes, Roku tv's are Bluetooth receivers only just like your sound bar. You can send music and photos from your cellphone or tablet to Roku tv, nothing leaves the Roku Tv by Bluetooth.

Edmund

0 Kudos
Dethcicle71
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Tivoburkee wrote:

Yes, Roku tv's are Bluetooth receivers only just like your sound bar. You can send music and photos from your cellphone or tablet to Roku tv, nothing leaves the Roku Tv by Bluetooth.

I’m not sure that’s true @Tivoburkee .

I can’t figure out how to add a screenshot here so I can show you, so I’ll describe:

From the Home screen, go to Settings > Remotes & devices > Set up a new device > Set up Roku wireless audio and remotes; then go down and select Wireless Soundbar.

Why would a soundbar be sending bluetooth audio to my tv??

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Dethcicle71, it's referring to this:

https://www.roku.com/products/audio/tcl-roku-tv-wireless-soundbar

not a Bluetooth soundbar.

Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Yes, it's for Roku Ready Soundbar's like the one @renojim link to, or Roku Soundbar, Roku Streambar Pro, and Roku Streambar. In ALL cases they communicate via Wifi-Direct, not Bluetooth. And that's only for the remote to control the Soundbar, with Roku speakers mentioned above and TCL Roku Ready each are hardwired to send the audio and video, none are wireless like a Bluetooth speaker. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Dethcicle71
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

OK, so then it is a compatibility issue. The Roku TV only works with an exclusive Roku speaker.

I love how we call things smart, but still keep them a little bit dumb. Thanks guys.

0 Kudos