Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on activation screen

I’ve set it up all the way to when it checks what’s the right screen definition it should be in. After that it’s the email. I entered my email and checked my email from Roku to activate my device. Once I finished on the website and activated it it’s still on the check your email screen I’ve tried pressing back and everything else can anyone help?

7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Stuck on activation screen

@Islanderkid 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your Roku device to see if you can finish activating and setting up your Roku device again.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bassman86

Yeah that didn't work. Do you have a real answer or is the tv defective. Tried factory resetting along with adding it to my account but can't get past that screen. This tv is garbage

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

There was a post not too long ago where someone said he set up 3 devices and it took them 10, 15, and 30 minutes to get past that screen after clicking on the link.  Maybe just try waiting it out for a while.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
musicislove
Streaming Star

I cannot get the activation code sent to my email....

Hmmm, any tips how to get it sent.

Just got my third Roku so I have done it before, but no joy yet.

before, but this time is not happy, yet.

I need an activation code sent to me and I have tried to restart and start over 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@musicislove 

Thanks for the post.

If you are prompted to input your Roku account email address to receive the activation link in your email, please make sure to check your Spam folder as some users have reported that the activation email is sometimes directed to that folder.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
musicislove
Streaming Star

@RokuDanny-R 

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question.

I did do as you suggested . I never did get an activation code. I did not have a good experience with the online chat of the Roku help. ugh. 

And the promised email never came either to try and help me so I have simply decided to return this one paticular Ultra unit and re-order another one.

I have set up and have running smoothly 2 previous Roku Ultra’s, so I do believe this one was defective with bad hardware or software possibly even in the firmware update during my effort to  bget it up and running.

I did a reset using the button on the back and did at least 2 each of restart and resets inputting all info fresh and also have a Roku Ultra in the other room working nicely so I know I have good internet connection.

But sadly I never got an activation code to my email. Although I did get forum notification and an email from Roku detailing sale prices for new purchases, so my email is working and nothing in spam. (thx for the reminder TIP)

I will post again on my progression if you or anyone else cares to here it.

thx again .

PS.

Yes @RokuDanny-R it must have been the problem with an issue preventing customers from activating new devices and causing general access to Roku services....

thank you kindly for supporting this forum.

======

Okay, my 11/27/20 update is that the new Roku Ultra came today and I got it set up and axctivated.

Yay...

Now I am trying to organize my Apps, ugh.

Can that be done ona computer logged into your account?

Hmmm..

0 Kudos
rico7

By editing my roku acct. Email address and password I completely solved my problem.  Only took 2 days to figger this out.😜 but it worked.  Nearly drove me crazy.

0 Kudos