Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Stuck on “Let’s Get Started” Screen

Hey @grocket

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Nat12edw
Reel Rookie

I returned my roku b/c customer service essentially told me to return it and get a new one but I ended up getting a chromecast

0 Kudos
Djkk10
Reel Rookie

My black 4K stick is stuck on that screen, too - I did a factory reset by hitting the home button 5 times, hit up arrow once, hit rewind twice and hit fast forward twice - brought me to bouncing roku & then Let’s Get Started page - hit the right arrow & internet selection appears & the internet signal is excellent - then can go to login page, enter pw, hit connect… and no connection! Reset router yadayadayada - right back to Lets Get Started … 

SN: 215136477919

Made in Vietnam

Designed by Roku

Model: 3810X

Help!! Or next stop is new Chromecast!

0 Kudos
TG123

Hi,

Maybe you could advise me.

I just bought a Roku Express. Connected the cables, got a blue light. 

On the Let's get started screen I chose English, I select my wi-fi, enter the password. The Roku letters jump up and down and a tune plays. Within a few seconds   it goes back to "let's get started" 

I tried about 10 times, same result. 

Is it faulty.

0 Kudos
TG123

Looks like I solved it. I plugged the power supply into the TV USB instead of the mains.

It's working now 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having a similar issue. I was having trouble connecting to the wiband internet in my building so i went into advanced settings and did a factory reset. Instead of deleting all the log in info, which wasn't working anyway, it only gives me the language selection menu and the list of available networks, none of which work. I cant reset log in information or go into advanced settings. Just a circular of languages and netwrks. I tried hitting the home button five times but that does nothing.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Anonymous

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? Are you able to connect to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JohnH1960
Reel Rookie

Same issue here. Serial number: C13952851005. I'm not sure what model number it is but I thought that it was the most recent version. It used to work fine behind the television so it must work with wifi.It stopped yesterday and I got the bouncing roku. I reset it and now it's stuck on Let's Get Started. The remote control just flashes. The Roku was purchased either directly from Roku or from Best Buy.

JohnH1960
Reel Rookie

this page will not show the second page of comments

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Roku Express. I live in a building with wi-band supplied by explorenet, so there's no option for connecting by ethernet. Generally it works really well, but connecting new devices is often tricky 

I had inputted the username and password for the Wi-Fi connection, but we were still having trouble connecting. In the settings menu I opted for a factory reset so that I could start fresh and re-input the username, password, and the other info required by my service provider. But after the reset process, I could no longer access the settings menu.

Now when I reboot the Roku, I get the "let's get started" page with language options. When I select English I get the "available networks" page and no other options. Further, the factory reset did not erase the username and password that had been inputted already. And I have no way to access the page where I could re-enter the username and password because the settings menu is not available anymore.

I just need to know how to actually do a factory reset on the device so that I can access the settings menu and re input the username and password for my Wi-Fi network. I've tried pressing the home button five times, I've tried holding down the star button I've tried rebooting a number of times. All I'm able to access is the "let's get started" page and the "available networks" page.

Thank you for any advice you can offer.