Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Streaming Stick+ Model ‎3810R Stuck on Endless ROKU Boot Screen

@Brian16  It’s best to make your own post. If your Roku is less then 12 months old the file a warranty claim 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Beaverboyseth  Well you have owned 4 Roku Sticks according to you. All 4 have had issues. Maybe the problem isn’t Roku. Kinda hard to believe you have owned 4 Roku Sticks and they all have failed. Also who owns something defective for over a year then decides to ask for help with it? Interesting. Legit or not it’s just hard to believe 

0 Kudos
Brian16
Channel Surfer

@Ello2022 

I have made my own post, got the canned response, i then replied, then crickets.......

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Brian16  Upon looking at your profile I don’t see any posts of your describing your issue. Just you posting into someone else’s post. If your Roku is under 12 months old then it’s under warranty and you can file a warranty claim 

0 Kudos
Brian16
Channel Surfer

https://community.roku.com/t5/Getting-Started-Setup-How-to/Roku-load-screen-frozen/m-p/784549/highli...

Understood, although they should of suggested that in the first response.  Thanks for jumping in and helping.  Any idea how to get a warranty started (Just looked it up I purchased Jan 27th)?

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Beaverboyseth
Channel Surfer

@Ello2022 

Do you own stock in Roku or something? Jeez, not sure why you insist on thinking it's my fault a product is defective, as if no one else has ever had issues with their Roku devices before (because plenty of people have).

Also, there's no need to be snarky and act all elitist with every one of your comments. I've talked with and emailed Roku support before, as well as sought help on other sites and subreddits before posting here. So I didn't wait a year to ask for help. I've been looking for answers for months. This just happens to be the first time I've posted here. 

I'm not here to seek a warranty claim after more than one year because this isn't the first time I've tried to solve this issue. I'm here, as part of a last-ditch effort, to ask if anyone has a genuine solution. And so far all you've offered is to blame me, blame the wiring in my house, accuse me of getting scammed on Amazon, and tell me I didn't do my "research" and that the problem isn't with Roku, but somehow user error?

None of that is applicable, nor constructive, imo.

I'm also not sure why you question my claims as being "legit," either. Are you calling me a liar? I am aware your Roku's work. Mine have not. That doesn't render my opinion and personal experience illegitimate.

Also, I never said I've owned "4 Roku Sticks and they all have failed." I've owned 4 Rokus. 3 boxes and one stick. Only the stick has failed. The others randomly reboot and lag and generally haven't lived up to expectations. 

I'm genuinely confused as to why you're suddenly making this personal with me. There's no need to be so condescending.

Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Beaverboyseth  From your first post 

This is the 4th Roku device I've owned, and they've all progressively gotten worse with each new purchase. From the boot issues and firmware problems, to popular apps disappearing from the store, to unacceptable laggy performance, I've about had it with this company's products”

That statement indicates to me that you have owned 4 Roku devices. All have had issues. Maybe it’s legit. Maybe not. But usually when someone buys something that they think is defective they return it. They don’t wait a year. If your car is under warranty and has an oil leak do you wait till it’s out of warranty to finally bring it into the dealership? If you bought a Roku Stick 3821R directly from Roku or Best Buy and had issues I could understand your point. But you bought a 3810 from someone off Amazon and now your blaming Roku for a defective product. Your first sentence actually doesn’t make sense. “I bought a 3810R and it never worked right from day one”. But yet you wait 13 months to finally post something about it. 

I found a 3810 sold by TechQuarters

Roku Streaming Stick+ | HD/4K/HDR Streaming Device with Long-range Wireless and Roku Voice Remote with TV Controls https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075XLWML4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_J83TTMR2NC5WEKD1X68F

0 Kudos