Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michelle11

Shows as linked in account but device on tv keeps making me go through the let's get started

Today when I turned on my TV, my Roku Premiere, which was working fine yesterday, appears to have forgotten its connection.  It had me go through all the Let's Get Started stuff as if it were getting activated for the first time.  I went through all the steps, got to the Setup is Successful, then it sends me back to the Let's Get Started again.  I've done this about 12 times already.  The device shows as Linked when I look at my account info on the Roku website.  I even tried renaming it when doing the Let's Get Started stuff, just to confirm that it is indeed online and linked...and it is.  But it keeps sending me back to Let's Get Started.  Really frustrating.  None of my other Rokus are having this issue.  For reference, I have it on a Samsung TV that is connected to my wifi and I've verified the wifi is working.  I can watch tv using the Samung TV Plus, so that confirms the wifi is completely working and connected.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Shows as linked in account but device on tv keeps making me go through the let's get started

There have been a few Roku devices called "Premiere" over the years.  If yours is one that uses a USB power adapter make sure you're using the supplied power adapter and not the TV's USB port.

It might help us to know the model number written on the device somewhere.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos