Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wbascombe
Channel Surfer

Setup issue device not responding to remote

I had lost my remote and ended up finding it when I went to use it it wasn't responding so I thought the battery was dead. So I replaced the batteries and still it would not respond so I reset my roku and now it's having me reset up my roku but the remote is still not responding nothing happens when I hit any of the buttons on the remote What could be wrong or what can I do to fix the issue.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Setup issue device not responding to remote

What's the model number of the Roku (written on it) and what's the model number of the remote (written inside the battery compartment)?

If there's a button inside the battery compartment of the remote it must be paired to the Roku.  Press the button until the light comes on or flashes.  If there's not a button, use your cell phone camera to see if the remote is working.  Point the remote at the camera and press a button.  You should see a flash of light on the camera's screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Wbascombe
Channel Surfer

The remote didn't have a button on the inside but when I pressed the buttons when it was pointed at my phones camera I saw a light flash on the remote

0 Kudos
Wbascombe
Channel Surfer

20210721_205907.jpg

20210721_205827.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Wbascombe

Thanks for the information.

Please be aware that you have a Roku Express that utilizes an IR remote. When using the remote, are you making sure that you are pointing the remote directly to the IR sensor on the Roku device and that there are no obstructions?

For more information about troubleshooting your IR remote, visit our Support page here: How to resolve issues with your Roku® simple remote or Roku voice remote

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wbascombe
Channel Surfer

I was and there was nothing in the way.  I even  got right in front of it and it still didn't work 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Wbascombe

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wbascombe
Channel Surfer

20210721_205907.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Wbascombe

Appreciate the prompt response.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Wbascombe
Channel Surfer

I've  done everything I've been told to do and it still will not respond when I hit buttons on the remote

0 Kudos