Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GRL
Reel Rookie

Setting up second roku question

I have just gotten you tube tv…I have bought another roku to stream in another room. Can I use same account and if I can am I able to watch separately in different rooms. Don’t want to watch the same thing. Needed to know this info before I set up second one. Also need to know whether it would be better to set up a different account for me to be able to watch multiple tvs 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Setting up second roku question

You can have 20 Roku devices all watching different channels. YouTube TV allows for up to 6 different family member logins. But if you only have 1 login it doesn’t matter. Each Roku can watch different content on YouTube TV at the same time. Same goes for Netflix, Hulu and more 

0 Kudos
GRL
Reel Rookie

And also have one account under Roku…you don’t have to put new device under a new account in order to watch tvs at the same time?

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

You can have 20 Roku devices under one account. Each Roku can watch something different at the same time. Each one will have the same channels though. Meaning if Netflix is on one it will on all. But some can watch Netflix on one Roku while someone else watches Hulu on another Roku 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@GRL-

You can have multiple Rokus watching the same or different channels and programs at the same time.   Note that some subscription channel services may place a limit on how many devices can connect to them simultaneously.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X