Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mdrader
Reel Rookie

Serial Number not recognized

Trying to fill out forum to return this device. At the bottom of the box it has a Serial number but it says it is not the same. This one is not linked to my account, because it won't advance past syncing the remote. I have tried to do this hardwire, I have tried this on 2 different internets via wifi and I have tried using a different remote. I have 2 other bases of the ultra and this one just doesn't work. 

How do I get the device ID that I think it wants for the forum?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Serial Number not recognized

@Mdrader

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide us with the serial number or device ID that is on the Roku device? In addition, what Roku model device are you using?

In regards to your remote not syncing, have you tried replacing the batteries in the remote as well as making sure to follow the instructions on the remote?

For more troubleshooting steps regarding remote issues, visit our Support page here: Fix your remote

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
skierpage
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem. The Play/Pause button on the remote from the Roku Express 4K+ I bought May 2022 has stopped working. The sticker on the bottom of the box has "S/N S07P21A9K12P", the QR code is "S07P21A9K12P:3941R:RC691:3226001105:NETFLIX\:DISNEY+:APPLE TV+:HULU:1", but your support form rejects "S07P21A9K12P". The SKU# on the sticker is 3941R.

Maybe your site is confused because this isn't the serial number for the remote but for the streamer box that includes a remote.

Both the "Associated Products" field on this form and the "ROKU SERIAL NUMBER TO MODEL NUMBER LIST" post are not aware of the 3941 product; the latter thinks serial numbers starting with "S0" are for the 3930X and 3931X Roku Express series.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
skierpage
Reel Rookie

(my first reply vanished when I tried to edit it 😢😠)

I have the same problem. The Play/Pause button on the voice remote that came with the Roku Express 4K+ I bought in May from Best Buy has stopped working. The sticker on the bottom of the box says "S/N S07P21A9K12P", the QR code on the sticker translates to S07P21A9K12P:3941R:RC691:3226001105:NETFLIX:DISNEY+:APPLE TV+:HULU:1 (turn off the **bleep** forum feature that turns colon-D into an emoji!). But when I enter S07P21A9K12P into your return form, it displays "Oops, we don’t recognize that device".

The sticker says SKU# 3941R. But both the Associated Products field on the return form and the "ROKU SERIAL NUMBER TO MODEL NUMBER LIST" forum post don't know about model 3941, the latter thinks serial numbers starting with "S0" are only for the 3930X and 3931X products.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@skierpage, try going to your account at https://my.roku.com and use the serial number that's displayed under your linked devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
skierpage
Reel Rookie

try going to your account at https://my.roku.com and use the serial number that's displayed under your linked devices.

Ah, so the Roku About screen might display a different electronic serial number than the one printed on the packaging and the Roku black box? (The two are the same for my old Roku 2.) The "Help me find it" for entering a serial number on https://support.roku.com/contactus/device-details likewise suggests this, but it also specifically says "Otherwise, you can find the number printed on your device and on the device packaging"; that doesn't work.

I never plugged in the Express 4K+ box because I found out after purchase that it has no Ethernet, so
I'm only using its remote with my old Roku 2. (Anyone want a free Express 4K+ with a broken remote 😉?)

Anyway, the helpful Vyshnavi on Roku customer support chat arranged a remote replacement. I still think there might be something weird going on with serial numbers and the 3941 series. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@skierpage wrote:
Ah, so the Roku About screen might display a different electronic serial number than the one printed on the packaging and the Roku black box?

Yep, only Roku...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos