Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WW60
Reel Rookie

Romote will not turn roku box on and I have to unplug adapter and unit powers up.

Jump to solution

I just purchased 2 Express 4K+ players and installed to samsung smart tv and neither one will turn on ( no blue light) from remote. I get no signal message and have to unplug adapter and immediately plug back in and the player blue light comes on and it powers up and works great and powers off with no issue. Changed batteries, checked all connections, and done everything except reset units. Please tell me what’s going on! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Romote will not turn roku box on and I have to unplug adapter and unit powers up.

Jump to solution

Have you pressed a button like the Home key?  (The power key on a Roku remote is for the TV, not the Roku.) Modern Roku's go to sleep by default and in my experience, the Roku has to be awake, and the TV needs to be on and have the Roku input selected in order for the light to turn on.  This power saving mode can be disabled in settings if it gives you trouble.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Romote will not turn roku box on and I have to unplug adapter and unit powers up.

Jump to solution

Have you pressed a button like the Home key?  (The power key on a Roku remote is for the TV, not the Roku.) Modern Roku's go to sleep by default and in my experience, the Roku has to be awake, and the TV needs to be on and have the Roku input selected in order for the light to turn on.  This power saving mode can be disabled in settings if it gives you trouble.

0 Kudos
WW60
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply ! I figured it was something simple and duh, it was! It works when I power up tv and immediately hit home button. Just thought it should  power up like it powers off. Didn’t think about going into sleep mode. Again thanks for letting me know . 

0 Kudos