Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Awoychyshyn
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku will not send activation link to my email

Jump to solution

Finally getting somewhere, the random caps. worked. Thank you sooo much!

0 Kudos
MikeJC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I did another factory reset because I wanted to get my Ultra back on my Gmail account. Well, there was one folder I hadn't thought about looking in when the activation link was sent. No, not the Spam folder, it was the TRASH folder. It went straight to trash. I DO have filters set up to send spam straight to the trash bypassing the spam folder, but I don't know why the Roku email was sent there. But I got it back on my Gmail account. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@MikeJC

Thanks for the follow up.

Appreciate you posting what steps you took to find the activation email!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ghippo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

SOLVED ! ! ! - At last I found a solution.  You can try, maybe it will work for you too.

I have notice on my desktop computer during browsing, that I could not access certain web pages from about the same time when the last update on both of mine Roku Express failed.  I was researching the reason and found out, that the WNA settings for the DNS in my Asus router were set to a server XY.Zx.....blah blah.   I changed it to the Google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as suggested by the research.  I crill could not access few webs.  So I swithed the DNS to "automatically" find server and in the evening I have tried to plug in both Roku units. To my surprise the download on one worked, on the other one it asked for the email and I have received an email.

So I suggest try to change your router DNS settings, who knows what those servers owners are doing nowadays.

0 Kudos
MikeJC
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I was able to get the activation link. It was being sent straight to the trash folder. I don't know why. I do have spam filters to send spam straight to the trash but email from Roku shouldn't have gone there.

0 Kudos
DWM625

Jump to solution

The Roku system is horrific. I have 4 that I am trying to do a hard reset on because the apps won’t open. I am signed into my account on my iPad with the same gmail email address that Roku can’t seem to send to me. Wasted about 250 dollars on things that don’t work. Roku fixe your problems. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DWM625,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

After reading your note, it seems like you are unable to receive the activation link to your email, is that correct? Have you checked for the email in your spam or junk folder if it's not in the inbox?

We recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How to activate or link your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LoneRider191
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just a quick note to point out that I've tried my existing Roku account "used before" gmail account, my outlook account and a newly created gmail account and cannot get an activation email from any of them. And this is a Roku Ultra that has been factory reset but that I easily set up and activated (with a gmail account) several years ago. Not a good feeling... but gmail doesn't necessarily work either.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LoneRider191,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I will do my best to assist you regarding your activation issue. Have you checked for the email in your spam or junk folder if it's not in the inbox?

If yes and you are still having any activation issues with your Roku device, please provide your Roku device's serial number so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LoneRider191
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, of course. Also, I just created a new gmail account the *only* purpose of which is to finish this activation process... so there are *NO* emails in either the Inbox or Spam (or Sent or Drafts or Trash). Furthermore, there is an immediate indication when I receive any Spam message. This is a ridiculous situation and my thought is to just trash the Roku as I have one smart TV now and I also have a Firestick... but I've always liked the performance and usability of the Roku. Well... not anymore, I guess. No need for me to send you any serial number, etc., as I can see from this tremendously long list of posts that Roku has no effective solution(s) for this problem. Thanks for posting though, Mary. I feel sorry for you (and your co-workers) having to field all these messages on this one problem, when you have no answer(s)... take care.

0 Kudos