Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FireStation46
Reel Rookie

Roku will not send activation link to my email🤬

Jump to solution

Roku works on my iPad however, new Sunbrite Veranda TV and new Roku all  installed by Geek Squad, I never get an email activation code from Roku🤬

0 Kudos
FireStation46
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku will not send activation link to my email

Jump to solution

That is a BS response . How about an actionable response Roku?

siraltok
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I bought a new device and want them all to link, won't a new gmail email addy, (that I don't need or want) mess up linking all the devices which are under my email add that doesn't receive the activation link. A text option would be real nice.

0 Kudos
Witness7
Binge Watcher

Re: Not getting activation email

Jump to solution

Thank you that worked I had to use my old gmail acct and then got email within 2 minutes.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have reset the device several times and I still do not get an activation link sent to my email.  I am ready to return this to the store and get my money back. So far it seems like a piece of junk. I bought the Express 4K+.  The serial number is SOAH41CPSW10, model number 3941X.

0 Kudos
Bigblock
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am having same problem. My old basic roku works but the new one more expensive will not work.

0 Kudos
Folkie
Reel Rookie

Lack of communication with email

Jump to solution

Spent well over an hour trying to get my Roku Express set up.

First problem was it would not send to my primary email address. Most suprising as I was receiving emails from othe sources.

Second problem was after resorting to my back up mail address, I recived an email, pressed activate device and nothing happened at the TV end. Try again or use new email or check network settings. Meanwhile after receiving more emails and trying to activate again, I now got a set up account email and followed all the instructions and even downloaded the app.

Tried all this again after a restart and a factory reset. Whatever I do I can still get no further response from the heap of junk plugged into the back of my TV.

0 Kudos
FireStation46
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had to create a google email and then I got it to work. What a pain. New email, password just to get this to work as CenturyLink email is not working with Roku 

🤬

0 Kudos
Bigblock
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks , but it sends to my email but nothing happens after I answer all the questions.  Definately not as good a product as the simple roku which works all the time year after year.

Take the express 4k + and throw away. Brand new and worked for two days and now nothing.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Lack of communication with email

Jump to solution

Try connecting to your phone's hotspot, if possible, to get through the activation.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos