Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku will not send activation link to my email

Jump to solution

@Piwohio 

Thanks for providing us with your information and details.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mhood24
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Is this your only roku device? I have 3 currently linked to my existing email. This allows me to start watching on one device, pause, and pick up where I left off on another. Channel subs are also linked to one email. If I create a new email to activate then my devices, channels, and payments won’t be linked

Colleen22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello, It isn't my only Roku device. The way you solve that, is to login to your account, update the email address with one that doesn't block Roku emails, and use that email with the new Roku device you want to link. Works flawlessly!

0 Kudos
MissBee
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes, and that is part of what is so annoying about this whole thing.

Piwohio
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Okay update on this issue. I got a response from a guy who had the same issue. So I did what he did and it worked. 

I setup a gmail account.. appears my internet provider didn’t like roku or whatever. 
within 15 seconds of using that gmail account, bam.. email came and I completed the setup. 

I know this is a pain in the ass, and an added step but after 2 days of no help from roku, I had nothing to lose. 

Aclau

Re: Unable to receive activation code

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuDanny-R 

Can you have someone check out the following?

We are having the same issue and not getting an activation email.

Serial #- X01600U4JYAX

Device ID - S07P21A4JYAX

Thanks

0 Kudos
Witness7
Binge Watcher

Not getting activation email

Jump to solution

I been trying over a hour to get a activation email and I have not received anything,   I checked spam,  junk mail...etc.....  and did factory reset.... Still nothing..... How do I get the email so I can finish setting up my new tv?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Not getting activation email

Jump to solution

I just reactivated an old Roku 3 to test, and I received the email instantly. Your email address does it have any odd characters that Roku my not accept? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Witness7
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

no and I even already have a roku acct that I was going to use with the new tv in living room,    I have had a roku tv in my bedroom for a couple years now with roku acct on it.  and I can get in acct fine using my computer and the website.  

I got up this morning,  and still no email  to active it.

0 Kudos
Witness7
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

also email I am using just has one number in it the number 7  the rest is letters.

0 Kudos