Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Can’t activate new device

Jump to solution

@Piwohio Have you double checked that the email you entered on your Roku device matches your email?  Are you using a VPN?  Do you have some service that screens your emails?  Did you check your spam folder?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku will not send activation link to my email

Jump to solution

Do you have an address at gmail?  Several people have reported that doing a gmail email search for roku.com finds the registration email.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Colleen22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue here, Roku not sending activation email. Not a Gmail account. Fixed; comcast is blocking Roku emails, try a different email. Working now.

Mhood24
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem. SN s00852184yj2. Yes, I tried resetting several times, checked spam, and I do not use gmail. This problem has been happening for years! There are 52 pages in the community on this problem. If there is no solution, just be honest and tell people to return the device. Stop saying you’re passing along the message. So frustrating! 

0 Kudos
Piwohio
Channel Surfer

Re: Can’t activate new device

Jump to solution

I have checked every possible thing. All my folders in my e mail, and completely reset everything. I get emails from this page without any issues. 

0 Kudos
Piwohio
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No gmail account. I get emails from this page fine, and have never had an issue. 

0 Kudos
Luv2flydl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No I do not have a Gmail account and I have three other Roku devices that I received an activation code fine to my regular email address that I have used for ever. Apparently based on the many comments from others this is a Roku problem not a user problem. 

0 Kudos
Luv2flydl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Also, I receive other emails from you fine so this has to be an internal problem with sending the activation code while setting up the device. 

Luv2flydl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I remembered I had an old Gmail account so I tried that email address & I finally received the activation email. I find this strange because all of these emails from this feed are to my other non-Gmail address so I still have no idea what’s going on just happy I finally got it to work. Good luck everyone!

MissBee
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes, I have done all of that.

0 Kudos