Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MissBee
Binge Watcher

Roku will not send activation link to my email

Jump to solution

I have done all of the troubleshooting steps multiple times. Serial number JF3049245969. Roku will not send the activation link so I can get going. I have used it on other roku devices. I have tried different email, factory reset.. etc.. I tried last night and never received an email. Please help! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MissBee
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku will not send activation link to my email

Jump to solution

SOLVED!!!

Update: I never heard back from the Roku tech support guy that was helping me yesterday, he was basically just asking me for more info... serial number, build, etc. HOWEVER, I solved the issue myself by creating a GMAIL email account and trying to use that. IT WORKED! The email from Roku came in seconds and I was able to set it up from there. Eureka! Roku, the issue seems to be on your end with Roku not sending the activation email to certain email providers. Please fix this issue because I know it has been very frustrating for me and many others. I should not have had to create a new email address with a different provider in order to activate my Roku device.

View solution in original post

114 REPLIES 114
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MissBee,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

We appreciate your patience for the time being.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
MissBee
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you so much Mary. 

0 Kudos
Luv2flydl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem and would love some help. I have 3 other Roku devices which are all connected. I have not changed my email and the new device shows up under my devices on the Roku app. When I'm trying to activate the new device the activation screen stays on my TV since I don't receive the email to activate it. Very frustrating. I actually thought I received a defective device so I returned it and started over only to have the same experience. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Luv2flydl,

Thanks for the post. I apologize for your experience here. I can understand how that may be frustrating.

Have you checked for the email on your spam or junk folder if it's not in the inbox? 

We also would recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information regarding how to activate your device: How to activate or link your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

If you are still having activation issues, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Luv2flydl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, I have checked my email and span. I have read all of your support pages over and over. I know what I'm doing since I have 4 other Roku devices all up and running. The problem is your activation email is not getting to me. Serial number is S0AH21A1L0JA. As I said before this device shows up on the app under "my devices", but I can't access it on my TV since you're not emailing me the activation code/link.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Luv2flydl,

Thanks for the quick response.

I've escalated your activation issue and information with our Support team and you should be hearing from them to assist you further.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Luv2flydl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you Mary.

0 Kudos
Piwohio
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’m have the same issue. I checked, double check and reset, factory reset and nothing.  Serial # s07p21ae9a07,,, model 3941x

paul

0 Kudos
Piwohio
Channel Surfer

Can’t activate new device

Jump to solution

Can’t get an activation email from you guys. Have tried everything posted by resetting, factory rest… 

#s07p21ae9a07

model.  3941x

0 Kudos