Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fuxr0ku

Roku wants email or won't setup?

Jump to solution

Just like to say that originally when I bought the roku stick I didn't have to enter an email. Now it's like " oh you can't restart and setup cause we want your info so we can spam the **bleep** out of you." Seriously when the **bleep** has any of this really been good for any consumer. God I hate the retarded companies that just won't stop hounding you, and wonder why people HATE these companies and it begins to turn people away with frustration.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku wants email or won't setup?

Jump to solution

Wow, calm down.  They won't spam you or give your information away.  You must have a Roku account to use a Roku device and you must link your device to that account.  You've always had to use your email address on that Roku account, so nothing's changed.  The old method of using a link code was resulting in far too many people getting scammed because they couldn't spell URL let alone know what one was.

Enter your email address and enjoy your new Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Wow, calm down.  They won't spam you or give your information away.  You must have a Roku account to use a Roku device and you must link your device to that account.  You've always had to use your email address on that Roku account, so nothing's changed.  The old method of using a link code was resulting in far too many people getting scammed because they couldn't spell URL let alone know what one was.

Enter your email address and enjoy your new Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
MilesT
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Beat the companies at their own game. 

Plenty of free email services, just set up "throwaway" email addresses for when an email is needed.

NB Roku in the UK still seems to use the link method, or at least did when I last set one up a few months back.

Also..your post makes me think you have a psychological racket about this..worth searching and reading online.  Everyone has "rackets" to a greater or lesser extent, self knowledge makes for better communication.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos