Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gk59
Reel Rookie

Roku stick signal lost in hdmi of Sony xbr75x-850d

Jump to solution

I have a sony xbr75x-850d TV and the roku stick worked fine in hdmi port 1 powering with the tv's usb port for two months.  Yesterday it was working fine and dropped the signal and now cannot recognize the roku stick. It is as if no device is plugged in.  I have rebooted the tv and the stick to no avail.  I changed hdmi ports to no avail. and all hdmi ports work with other devices.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gk59
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku stick signal lost in hdmi of Sony xbr75x-850d

Jump to solution

Unplugging did not work but I figured it out.  I went to settings on the Sony.  Clicked on Bravia sync.  It asked for which device.  I clicked on HDMI port 1  which just stated playback 1 (but it was the roku port) after a brief second the roku setup screen popped up.  Very wierd but working again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Powering your Roku off your TV’s USB power is never a good idea. First try using the A/C power adapter your Roku came with and plug it straight into the wall. Secondly try plugging the Roku into another TV. If you don’t have another TV then bring it to a friends house or a family members house. Try it on their TV. The USB power from your TV may have caused premature wear on your Roku since it’s not the same voltage 

0 Kudos
gk59
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I changed power to AC adapter provided.  Plugged roku into my bedroom Samsung and it worked fine.  Re-plugged into the Sony powered with AC and it still does not recognize it. It worked fine for two months.  It is as if a software upgrade downloaded making it uncompatible with the TV.  The HDMI port knows something is there but can not read it.  Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Try unplugging the power from the Sony for a minute or two.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
gk59
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Unplugging did not work but I figured it out.  I went to settings on the Sony.  Clicked on Bravia sync.  It asked for which device.  I clicked on HDMI port 1  which just stated playback 1 (but it was the roku port) after a brief second the roku setup screen popped up.  Very wierd but working again.

0 Kudos