Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dana02

Roku steaming stick 4k USB cord

I have a roku streaming stick with WR002 Long Range Wireless Receiver. My TVs usb port does not work so I need to plug it into the wall outlet. The usb cord with long range wireless is too short to reach my outlet, will a male to female usb cord work to extend my cord? And if so will I need a 2.0 or 3.0 cord?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku steaming stick 4k USB cord

Yes, any male-female USB cable should work.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

... or use a regular ac extension cord to bring house power within reach of the USB power adapter.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Janlc
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem. Did you use an extender? Did it work?

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Janlc

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about how we can help! Could you tell us more about the issue you have about the concern you're running into? How long has the issue existed? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can assist you further?

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Janlc
Reel Rookie

We run our cables through the wall. The cable provided with the 4K+ stick is not long enough and the adapter is too fat to fit behind the TV. From what I’ve seen on the community it is not possible to get a longer cord. So, I was wondering if we bought a usb extender, would that work with the stick?

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Janlc

If your Streaming Stick will not easily connect to the HDMI port on your TV due to space restrictions, then you may wish to get a free HDMI extender cable. In addition, if you are planning to purchase a USB Extender it is best to ask the respective retailers if the USB extender is compatible with the Roku streaming stick. They would be able to best assist you.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos