Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay4k386

Roku remote not responding no pairing button and not connected to Wi-Fi

tried all the removing batteries plugging in and out it was factory data restarted before I bought and the remote doesn't connect I have a second remote and that doesn't even work haven't tried universal remote don't have the money for it right now it is not connected to Wi-Fi let me know if you know way to manually program or if there's a program code off the remote the model is 3920x ic5959a-r1 022    Fcid- tc2r1024

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku remote not responding no pairing button and not connected to Wi-Fi

The 3920 is the Premiere. This player works with both the basic IR remote and the WiFi Direct voice remote. Your basic IR remote should work with it, assuming it has the Roku codes built in. If it does, the packaging should have stated Roku support. As to what the codes might be to use on a Roku, I have no idea. I did a quick web search, and both 1966 and 1992 were listed on a post. I can't promise either will work.

Since your Roku is WiFi only, you must have a working remote to get the device connected to the network to complete the initial setup. You mentioned a pairing button. The IR remote will not have a pairing button, as you don't pair an IR remote. They just work. Any remote that uses RF (WiFi or Bluetooth) would require pairing. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos