Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carla133

Roku not recognized by HDMI Ports any all 3 of my Samsung TVs

Hello, I have 3 new Samsung TV's and when I plug the Roku into the HDMI port of any of them and have it powered with the power source provided it does not find anything plugged into the HDMI port to continue. 

The Roku worked on my older LG TV's but now is not working on my new Samsung TVs.  I have also already tried resetting it several times. 

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roko not recognized by HDMI Ports any all 3 of my Samsung TV's

Perhaps this info originally posted by @VOB may prove useful.

[Disable Samsung's Input Signal Plus]

From within your Samsung TV Settings..General..External Device Manager HDMI... Input Signal Plus (turn to Off)

Original thread posting at  https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/No-signal-in-Roku-HDMI-port-until/td...

----

Some have found that you need to switch the HDMI input (using Samsung Remote) in order to initialize the handshake on certain Samsungs and LGs. (Using remote, select another input, then back to the input your Roku is actually on.  Make sure your Roku is awake by pressing Home button.)

Post back with an update.  Include TV model numbers and Roku model number.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roko not recognized by HDMI Ports any all 3 of my Samsung TV's

For what it's worth, if anything, I've had no such problem with my Samsung TV in my livingroom, with any of the three different Rokus that have been used with it over the years.

You said you are using the power source provided, but as this could be important, just to be sure, are you powering your Roku device by plugging it into a USB port on your television?

The USB power ports on many TVs shut down when you turn the tv off, on some they stay powered up even when the TV is off.  If your USB port is only powered when the TV is on, this means the Roku must start back up each time you turn on the TV.  If the TV starts up faster than the Roku, when the TV checks its HDMI ports, the Roku may not yet be responding and the TV assumes there is nothing connected to that port.  As mentioned above, a work around for this problem is switching the TV to a different input then back which forces the TV to check the Roku's HDMI port again.

The way to fix this is to forget the USB port on the TV and power your Roku device via the power adapter that came with it, plugged into your house power.  The Roku will stay powered up and will be able to respond instantly when the TV starts up and checks its HDMI ports.  If you no longer have the USB power adapter that came with your device, you may have another one handy from another device that can be used -- just make sure the tiny print on it confirms it has a 5 volt dc output of at least 1 amp.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos