Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barbie4
Reel Rookie

Roku installed on tv vs stick

I am new to this and totally uniformed, but I note that Roku is installed on my new smart TV. Do I need to buy another stick or something or just use the app on the TV. We have wifi.  This will be in an airb&b so I am not interested in lots of options or anything confusing. Just want local TV and the ability for short-term residents to have television

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Roku installed on tv vs stick

Is that a "Roku TV" or a "Smart TV" that happens to have "The Roku Channel"  Those are quite different things.  "The Roku Channel" is one (out of thousands) of channels that run on a Roku device or Roku TV. "The Roku Channel" is also available on the web and on many non-"Roku TVs".

0 Kudos
Barbie4
Reel Rookie

thx, i will check that out and respond correctly. as i said -- Im a newbie and totally over my head in this. 

0 Kudos
Barbie4
Reel Rookie

It is a Roku TV

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

A Roku TV will give you everything that a stick or any other Roku would give you.  There's no need to get a Roku device for that TV, but if you like what the Roku TV gives you then you could add a Roku device to another, non-Roku, TV to give you much the same experience.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.