Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgermainsf

Roku as home audio system

I'm looking to replace my current home audio setup, which is using Apple Music and AirTunes to send music from my laptop to 2 Airport Express units, via an Airport Extreme that creates a separate network from my internet wifi.

Now that Roku has Apple Music, can I do the same using Roku? I want to be able to play music without having to turn on the TV, and I read I can do that with a Roku Ultra.

I want to send the same music to a speaker in the kitchen via a 3.5mm input. Can that be done with a Roku Express that isn't connected to a TV, or would I need to buy 2 separate Roku Ultras?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku as home audio system

I can't answer your questions about the Apple stuff, but the last Roku that had analog outputs was the Express+ 3910 that was discontinued a few years ago.  They can still be found online for ridiculous amounts of money.  If you look into it, just to show you how ridiculous, I picked up a couple for $15 shipped when Roku discontinued them.  I've seen people asking 10 times that amount.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos