Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mdrader
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra- no connectivity

I have 2 Roku ultra already hooked up in my house. I am trying to hook up a third, but the Ulta box is not communicating. I can sync up this remote to the other Roku ultra and it works. I tried to find this Roku ultra box on my the mobile app and nothing. All this one does is sits on the pair remote screen and the white light just random blinks 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Ultra- no connectivity

Sounds defective. Take back to retailer for replacement?

Ultra can work with IR remote, I think, buy a basic Roku remote or cheap clone or a universal remote like oneforall (some models are preconfigured for Roku) and setup with that.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
Mdrader
Reel Rookie

Yea that's what I was thinking, but it's past a exchange policy. I bought 3 of them in the summer and used 2 straight outta the gate. This third one was finishing up a bedroom then using it. 

The remote works. I was able to pair it with the living room Ultra and then took that remote to pair to the other and it wouldn't pair. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Mdrader 

See if you can get the problem Roku Ultra to connect via ethernet cable. (wired connection).  Once you are connected and go through setup and updates, then try again to connect wirelessly.  Alternatively, move the problem Ultra to the location of a working Ultra and try to setup connection from that location and TV.

Alternatively, you can try setting up the problem Ultra via mobile hotspot on 2.4ghz preferably, again, if available to you as on option.

If none of above works, Roku has a replacement warranty for devices under a year old. 

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos