Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freza0

Roku TV ARC stopped working??

Sorry in advance for lack of technical detail, but here’s what I’ve got. Also - If there’s a better page to post this, please let me know. I’ve had a 55”TCL Roku tv for years setup thru hdmi 3 arc to an Onkyo receiver with surround sound. Today I have no sound, the volume button no longer illicit a response from the tv. The CEC device connection is no longer detecting my equipment. It appears to be related to the tv, because my receiver will still stream music from my phone just fine. I’ve had no updates or moved equipment. I’ve tried various resets, unplugging/replugging cables, etc. as advised online with no fixes. Some places on the web are indicating this is an unresolved issue with lots of TCL Roku TVs? Any ideas???

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TV ARC stopped working??

Hi @freza0

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that your Roku TV is connected to a surround sound system but no longer getting any sound from this setup.

It's possible that the issue is with the HDMI cable or the HDMI ARC port on your TV. Try swapping out the HDMI cable with a new one to see if that resolves the issue. Additionally, check to make sure that the HDMI ARC port on your TV is set up correctly and enabled.

To help you troubleshoot the issue further, visit our support page: How to connect a surround sound system to your Roku TV

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Maddilong1

I have had the same issue a few times. Turn the sound to auto on your tv. Note that sound comes out of tv. Now… Unplug the power to the sound bar - not the wall but the soundbar. Then unplug the hdmi from both tv and soundbar. Then plug it all back in and turn the sound bar on. Now click around and make sure sound is still coming out of tv, change to arc, and it should work. Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Hummelsw

Also having this issue with a Sony sound bar that has been working with this TCL Roku TV for three years. I unplugged the power cords because I got a new extension cord that better matches my wooden mantel that the TV and soundbar sit on, and when I plugged it all back in to the power, TV no longer can control ARC, can't detect it in CEC. Have tried unplugging and replugging all cords, power and HDMI, power cycling equipment, nothing.

0 Kudos