Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mff1

Roku Streaming Stick + works at Brazil

Dear,

I have already purchased Roku Streaming Stick +, but I am worries if this one will work at Brazil. I know Roku express sold  at Brazil works over there, therefore I would like to know this Roku Streaming Stick + imported will work too without problems. 

Regards

Marcelo Fanaia Furtado

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Streaming Stick + works at Brazil

@mff1 

If the Streaming Stick+ was set up already outside Brazil, you will likely need to work with Roku to get it changed to Brazil. Same is true for the account to which you are looking to tie the device.

Since the only Roku sold in-country there is the Express, there may be some complications getting this done, but I expect they'll be able to make it happen.

@RokuDanny-R , @RokuMary-F , or @RokuKariza-D may reach out to you for assistance. I do not know if you must be physically located in Brazil to follow any instructions, so ensure they know where you want to use it, and where you are when you are doing any steps they suggest.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streaming Stick + works at Brazil

Hi @mff1,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

A Roku device will work in any location, however, channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region and some channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. Please be aware that if you set up your Roku device and account in a region, your settings and experience will be based on your region's location. 

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary