Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Handroid

Roku Streaming Stick won't activate after email and set up.

I performed a factory reset on my Roku Streaming Stick+ and am trying to set it up again. I entered my email address on the Roku to active it.  I received the activation email and walked through all the activation steps on Roku's website - no problem.  The Roku web page says the activation is complete.  The problem is that Roku device doesn't activate afterword.  If I restart the device, it asks me for my email again to activate the device.  I have done a factory reset and walked through the activation process several times now, but the device won't complete the final activation step.  Thanks for any help/advice.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Streaming Stick won't activate after email and set up.

@Handroid

Thanks for the post.

Out of curiosity, why did you factory reset your Roku device. We typically recommend factory reseting a Roku device as a last resort.

Nonetheless, have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can activate and finish setting up your Roku device? Then once your device has been setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos