Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cliffhusn
Reel Rookie

Roku Premiere won’t stay on

My device suddenly shut off.  It’s an 18 month old Premiere.  I tried reconnecting all cables to no avail.  Tried to hard reset by pressing the reset button and it lights up for about 5 seconds, blinks twice and shuts off.  My mobile says I’m connected to it but it will not come on at all.  Tried to unplug it for various periods of time and got the same result, 5 second light and two flashes then off. 

I am at a loss for what to try next.  

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Premiere won’t stay on

The model number would help since there have been a few "Premiere" models over the years.  If it's one that uses a USB power adapter are you using the supplied power adapter and not your TV's USB port?  Do you have another one you can try from a phone or tablet?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Cliffhusn
Reel Rookie

It’s Model: 4800X and does but use a USB power supply.  

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

No, the 4800 roku is an Ultra not Premiere. It uses an ac adapter with barrel connecter on the end, not usb at all. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Cliffhusn
Reel Rookie

Regardless of the model name, it is doing as I described and does not stay powered on.   

0 Kudos
renojim

That's why you should always provide the model number.  I can get my 4800 to do almost exactly what you said (well, it flashes four times) if it's not connected to anything.  That would lead me to a problem with the HDMI cable or TV input.  Have you tried another cable, another input on the TV, or another TV?

0 Kudos
Cliffhusn
Reel Rookie

New power supply solved the issue.  

0 Kudos