Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJ646
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Premiere Stopped Working

Thanks for this! I'll save in case I need it.

🙂

ilovemydevice
Reel Rookie

Mine also just stopped working last week. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ilovemydevice,

We appreciate you reaching out to the Roku community!

If this issue is not resolved with your Roku device not working, can you please provide us with additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team to assist you further in this problem? Are you being prompted with an error message? Can you please provide your device model and your software version, found under Home > Settings > System > About? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue?

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
ilovemydevice
Reel Rookie

Hi @RokuMary-F ,

I have a Vizio D32 series, it was not working. Nothing works. I moved the roku to my hp computer monitor and it works but that isn't where I want it hooked up. 

Seems like a Vizio issue??

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ilovemydevice

Thanks for the follow up.

If you are able to connect and use the Roku device on another monitor, it would then imply that the issue would stem from the Vizio TV and not the actual Roku device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rikkid03

Just bought this device 6 months ago and now it's a black screen, when first turn on it shows roku and then just turns to black screen tried everything that was recommended. The lights flash when I push buttons on the ruko lil device bit nothing on TV 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @rikkid03

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos