Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reeditch
Reel Rookie

Roku HDMI Output to CATV Adaptor

I am looking to use the Roku streaming device on an older TV. The TV has one coax cable input. Is it possible to use the Roku on this older TV, with the use of a Roku HDMI Output to CATV Adaptor? Does such an adaptor exist? Thanks for your response.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku HDMI Output to CATV Adaptor

Such adapters exist, but it's definitely not ideal and if you try it make sure you get one from a place that has a good return policy in case there's a problem or you're not happy with the result.

Here's an example with which I have no experience, but it claims to work:
https://www.amazon.com/Modulator-Converter-Demodulator-Digital-Adapter/dp/B09CN9YMTK/

Does the TV have the red/white/yellow RCA inputs? HDMI-to-RCA converters are cheaper.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
reeditch
Reel Rookie

I stand corrected.  My older TV does indeed have the red/white/yellow RCA inputs.  What HDMI-to-RCA converter would you recommend in this case?  Thanks for your response.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I've used something like this with success.  It was years ago and I can't say if it was exactly that one, but you'll see several that look just like it and are probably identical.  Don't be fooled by the "HDMI-to-RCA" "converters" that are simply a cable with an HDMI connector on one end and the three RCA connectors on the other.  Those don't convert anything and won't work.  It has to have a little box that actually does the converting.

Read the reviews for whichever one you pick and I'm sure people will mention whether of not it works with a Roku device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos