Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnMcf10

Roku Express won't go past initial Roku screen

Bought a new Roku express today. I have it plug into the wall and connect to the TV and confirmed I get the jumping Roku screen. I put the batteries in the remote and the Roku won't go past the initial screen. Using my smartphone camera I confirm the IR is working. I pressed the reset button in the receiver, left unplugged for a minute and tried again and even tried a different outlet still nothing. I have no red lights on the device.
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express won't go past initial Roku screen

Sorry, but it sounds like the Roku express faulty, and that can't receiver IR commands. I would exchange it.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
cdan11
Reel Rookie

Streaming Stick Plus Stuck on Restart screen

I bought a Streaming Stick Plus about a month ago and it was working great. However I had an issue so i unplugged it and ever since It has been stuck on the screen with the bouncing Roku Logo (picture below). I have looked through message boards and really haven't found any sort of solution to my problem. I have soft reset the device, tried to factory reset the stick by holding in the reset button, repairing the remote (now it wont pair to the stick), changing the batteries in the remote, using my phone through the app (which says the stick is not connected to the internet), restarted my internet, and tried a different hdmi port. I feel like I've tried anything imaginable and still have issues. Is there something I'm missing? If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it. I'm really starting to regret my purchase since this is going nowhere. Thank you to anyone who can help. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streaming Stick Plus Stuck on Restart screen

You didn't mention how you're powering the Stick.  If you're using your TV's USB port for power, try the supplied power adapter.  If you're already doing that, try a USB power adapter from your phone or tablet or other device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mrom

Ours is now doing the same thing after working fine for 3 months... hummm...  Our power went down briefly and everything else in the house is  fine but this will not get past the bouncing Roku screen.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mrom 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried performing a factory reset on your Roku device?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cdan11
Reel Rookie

Hello I thank you for your suggestion, sadly this did not help. This is extremely disappointing. Roku has not been helpful in helping me fix my problem

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@cdan11 

Thanks for the post.

If you are not able to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ztap13

Bouncing Logo

I am trying to setup a new device and after it did the update to the software, it stays on the bouncing Roku logo. I have done a factory reset and plugged in to several outlets and ports. It is still just bouncing the logo.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Bouncing Logo

@ztap13 

Thanks for the post

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on  the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos