Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vince48

Roku Express to non hdmi tv

I have a Samsung non-hdmi tv. I have been using it with a Roku LT connected by RCA cables and worked fine. Recently I bought a Roku Express which I understood to require a converter. I connected the rca cables the exact same way as before, red, yellow, white. The other ends into the converter. From the converter to the Express I connected the Roku provided hdmi wire. I tried using the Express with every tv Input Source and with the converter directly connected to a power outlet and without( the instructions said you didn’t need it). Neither way did it work. I keep getting a No Signal message. Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong? I would appreciate your help. Thank you 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express to non hdmi tv

Have you tried the converter with other things to see if it works in general?  Converters of this sort do have a reputation for being hit or miss.  Also, you need to make sure you get the right kind of converter and going in the right direction.  (The cheapest devices you can find don’t even actually convert – they are made only for a few specific devices that have the option to put analog signals on their HDMI connector – so those only "convert" the physical connector.)

And of course, you know that those red, yellow, white connectors only do SD.  If your TV has component inputs, an HDMI to component converter would be better.