Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drmkr23

Roku Express: nothing works

I cannot set up my Roku Express.  It simply will not connect to my wifi.  It recognizes my wifi and shows maximum signal strength  I would love to replace my device but when I enter the serial number on the website, it doesn't recognize that either.  Unfortunately, I have no receipt for the device.  I had a Roku Express (same model) here before and it worked just fine.  This one has been a nightmare since day 1.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express: nothing works

@drmkr23-

Might your router be one supplied by your internet provider? If so, your problem may have been caused by a recent update to your router.  This has been reported lately with equipment from Xfinity and Cox, but there may be others.   

Affected users report the router configuration needs to be switched from g/n wifi protocols back to b/g/n.  If you don't have access to your router's control panel you may have to have your internet provider do it for you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

Hello I have Xfinity wifi and had just purchased a roku express and it would not connect for nothing I tried everything under the sun and then I came across the replied response to this one, about the router configuration needing to be switched from g/n wifi protocols back to b/g/n. Immediately after doing so it connected no problem. Here is a link on how to do so for ant other xfinity users having the same issue @ https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Harwood4Life, thanks for posting that link.  After posting countless times what Comcast/Xfinity users have to do it's nice to be able to point them to instructions.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos