Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NBurns
Binge Watcher

Roku Express not sending emails out

Jump to solution

UPDATE TO THIS - PLEASE IGNORE THIS SOLUTION AND READ MY OTHER NEWER SOLUTION INSTEAD.

So, I now know what the issue is with a recent batch of Roku Express. 
The current batches of Roku Express are not sending out the email activation email from the device. It may say it has however believe me it does not. I confirmed this by the fact I received the email for activating my roku community account. I received that immediately. 
so that means that the devices are not sending out those emails to get us to activate our accounts. 
my roku serial number is S01V313WJA2P

So a software update should easily get this working and fewer units returned for refunds. Please Roku. I need this working urgently!!!

Neil

UPDATE TO THIS - PLEASE IGNORE THIS SOLUTION AND READ MY OTHER NEWER SOLUTION INSTEAD.

Neil Burns
BEng(Hons)
Royal Navy Submarine Service Communications branch Veteran
And a nice chap 🙂
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
NBurns
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Express not sending emails out

Jump to solution

I have an update as I have now made more progress and my Roku is now fully activated and working finally. Just in time for the next Formula One Grand Prix.

So, I have some feedback and advice for anyone else who say's they do not get the activation email.

I use Gmail for all of my email and I kept checking both my Inbox and my Spam folder for this 'Activation email', nothing was appearing. So, the engineer in me after a good night's sleep decided to instead do a search in Gmail to see if I had received anything from Roku and lo and behold there were loads of activation emails, all there waiting to be used.

So, can I suggest Roku that as well as saying on the page where you ask for the email address that you also add to do a search for the keyword 'Roku' in their email's and they might just find it. 

Mine was not in my inbox, not in my spam folder but somewhere I could not find it and it was only when I did a search for 'Roku' that I found loads of the 'Activation Emails'.

So for anyone using GMail/Gmail don't just look in your inbox and spam folder's do a search for the keyword 'Roku' also,....you may be surprised...

Neil

BEng(Hons)

'Never a dull moment!!'

Neil Burns
BEng(Hons)
And a nice chap 🙂

View solution in original post

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@NBurns wrote:

So for anyone using GMail/Gmail don't just look in your inbox and spam folder's do a search for the keyword 'Roku' also,....you may be surprised...

Sounds like a good suggestion.  Thanks for sharing.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
NBurns
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have an update as I have now made more progress and my Roku is now fully activated and working finally. Just in time for the next Formula One Grand Prix.

So, I have some feedback and advice for anyone else who say's they do not get the activation email.

I use Gmail for all of my email and I kept checking both my Inbox and my Spam folder for this 'Activation email', nothing was appearing. So, the engineer in me after a good night's sleep decided to instead do a search in Gmail to see if I had received anything from Roku and lo and behold there were loads of activation emails, all there waiting to be used.

So, can I suggest Roku that as well as saying on the page where you ask for the email address that you also add to do a search for the keyword 'Roku' in their email's and they might just find it. 

Mine was not in my inbox, not in my spam folder but somewhere I could not find it and it was only when I did a search for 'Roku' that I found loads of the 'Activation Emails'.

Neil

BEng(Hons)

'Never a dull moment!!'

Neil Burns
BEng(Hons)
And a nice chap 🙂
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@NBurns wrote:

Sounds like a good suggestion.  Thanks for sharing.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
NBurns
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You’re welcome 👍👍😁😁🙏🙏

Neil Burns
BEng(Hons)
And a nice chap 🙂
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Searched roku still nothing 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @ThomasOGKush420

I hope you're doing well.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos