Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xj8

Roku Express. No signal message on tv

First timer. Trying to setup Roku Express on Samsung TV with Spectrum cable and Wi-Fi.  All I get on tv is message “No Signal. 1) check the cable connections and the settings of your source device 2) press SOURCE on your remote control to select the connected source device.”  HDMI is set  correct  

Stumped

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express. No signal message on tv

@xj8 

The most likely reasons are:

• Wrong input selected
  • HDMI port is bad
  • HDMI cable is bad
  • Roku is bad
  • Roku power supply is bad

So, start ruling out options.

I assume you have multiple HDMI ports? Is anything connected to one of the other HDMI ports? If so, power down, unplug the HDMI cable from that other device, plug it into the Roku, and power back up. Be sure you're powering from AC, not USB on a TV.

What happens?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

I am having this exactly same problem with my new Roku. It is very frustrating for me because I have been troubleshooting for quite some time and tried all of the tips and tricks and nothing is working.😠 What should I do now??? I have a white power light and the TV says "no signal."

What should I do now??? Could I have an old TV? It is a flat screen with 2 HDMI ports in it.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@PurpleQueen, have you tried both HDMI inputs on your TV?  Have you used the TV's remote to choose the proper input using the Source or Input or A/V button?  Do you have another device like a Blu-ray player or cable box that uses an HDMI cable to verify that the input on your TV is working?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.