Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruggs41
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4k+ Starts to Load Then No Signal

The Roku is only 3 months old.  It suddenly quit working.  It starts to load (ROKU logo letters jumping and twirling) and does so for about 15-20 seconds and the the signal goes out.  I've tried unplugging it and also holding in the button for a hard reset, but nothing works so far.  I've tested it on 2 different tv's with the same result.

Because it cuts out so quickly, I can't use the remote to get to settings or anything the troubleshooting suggests.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express 4k+ Starts to Load Then No Signal

Hello @ruggs41

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ruggs41
Reel Rookie

@RokuKariza-D It is plugged into a wall outlet.  I tried 2 different tv’s in 2 different rooms and 2 different outlets.  Same result.  It powers on, loads for 20 seconds, and then the signal stops.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@ruggs41

Thanks for the reply.

Can you try unplugging your router first, then boot up your Roku device? Once it's up, replug your router. Make sure to troubleshoot in this order, and then let us know if there's any difference afterward.

Please also reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku player. It can be found at the back or underneath the device itself.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Cwdunn7
Reel Rookie

I'm having this same problem.  Mine is a year old and it just started doing this. Tried the steps mentioned to resolve but no luck. Any help here would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Cwdunn7

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as switching out the HDMI cable used to connect the Roku device? In addition, how are you powering the Roku device?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cwdunn7
Reel Rookie

Tried swapping hdmi ports and cables. The device is powered by the Roku USB power adapter. Swapped out the adapter and the USB cable to test but no luck. Powers on temporarily, takes a long time to get past the Roku screen and then goes off. I've only had this a year. 

0 Kudos