Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlschweizer
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4K+ resets itself frequently

My Roku Express 4K+ forgets everything it knows frequently -- sometimes within a day -- and requires that I go through the entire setup process (enter WiFi password, email registration, name device, log in to streaming services, etc.)

When it works, it's great.

Is the device or the remote defective?  How do I troubleshoot?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express 4K+ resets itself frequently

@dlschweizer 

If you are using the provided power supply adapter at the wall outlet, rather than using your TV's USB power port, and experiencing these issues, it would indicate that you may a defective device.

You can try using another power supply cable (cell phone charger cable with micro USB end), and another power adapter (cell phone charging adapter 5volt, 1amp) and see if issue persists.

Otherwise, if your Express 4k+ is less than a year old, should qualify for warranty replacement. (https://support.roku.com/article/208757058)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

dlschweizer
Reel Rookie

Switching from using a USB port on the TV to using the adapter supplied with the Roku fixed the problem.  The unit has worked perfectly since I plugged it into the wall.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Good to hear!  Thanks for the update.  👍

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102