Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CmLc0308
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4K+ not displaying on my tv.

I have purchased a Roku Express 4K+ device with voice remote and already have the regular Roku device. When I went to set up the Roku Express the purple light on the device comes on but when connected to HDMI it does not display anything on the screen. Yes I have switched inputs and tried other TV's and thought maybe it was a wire issue so I plugged in my regular ROKU tot he cables for the Express and it worked perfectly fine. So I returned it thinking it was just a faulty device. Now on device number 2 and having the exact same issue. Anyone else having these issues? Or any advice on what to do since I cant chat with anyone from ROKU?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express 4K+ not displaying on my tv.

@CmLc0308

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CmLc0308
Reel Rookie

I have been plugging it into the wall

0 Kudos
1969homer

When I select an app to view. It makes the sound to open, but none of the apps open.

When I select an app to view. It makes the sound to open, but none of the apps open. I have 2 TV's. All works well on the 2nd TV. Both devices are linked. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CmLc0308,

Thanks for the follow-up.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device?? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: When I select an app to view. It makes the sound to open, but none of the apps open.

Hi @1969homer,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

What Roku model device are you using?

As a first step, could you try to restart your Roku device?

To restart your Roku player, go to Settings > System > System restart
Restart Roku TV, go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart, and unplug your TV for 10-15 minutes then plug it back in.

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team in further investigating this problem.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos