Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Express 4K+ loses electrical power from time to time over a 1 year+ period

I've been using this device for over a year.  It's hooked up to a 4-5 year old Samsung 65" 1080p Smart TV.  It usually works well, but there are times when the "low power" message box pops up.  I have two other devices in the house, so I usually just swap out the switching adaptors and the problem goes away.  The message box tells me to plug the adaptor into a wall socket.  Here's the thing:  I've had it plugged into a wall socket for well over six months now.

This just keeps happening and I keep moving adaptors around and it starts working again.  Today 10/27/2022, switching adaptors is not helping.  I have no idea what is going on.  I've tried restarting the Samsung TV, I've even tried restarting the Wi-Fi modem.  Nothing is helping.  When I plug in the Roku wall adaptor, the power light in the Roku box comes on blue at first, then goes to red, and I get the low power message.

What do I need to do here?  Thanks in advance for your input.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express 4K+ loses electrical power from time to time over a 1 year+ period

@Lee_Woods96 

Have you tried replacing the power cable as well as the power adapter?  The cable is just a micro-usb charging cable. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos