Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dsh4

Toggling Between Roku and Cable TV/Set-Top Box

Jump to solution

This is our problem also with a LG TV.  Yes I am old but are u not giving full instructions?  We have had Roku since Dec and still haven’t enjoyed because it takes us forever to get to Roku and then I usually unplug Roku to get back to spectrum cable. Is there step by step instructions?   Cable to Roku then Roku to cable.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Toggling Between Roku and Cable TV/Set-Top Box

Jump to solution

@Dsh4, this isn't really a Roku issue.  Every TV has a way to switch among its inputs using its remote.  There should be a button on your LG remote labeled "Input" or "Source" or something similar.  That's what you use to switch from the cable box to the Roku to a Blu-ray player, etc.  You may have to press it multiple times and/or use the arrow buttons and OK/Select on the LG remote to switch inputs.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Dsh4, this isn't really a Roku issue.  Every TV has a way to switch among its inputs using its remote.  There should be a button on your LG remote labeled "Input" or "Source" or something similar.  That's what you use to switch from the cable box to the Roku to a Blu-ray player, etc.  You may have to press it multiple times and/or use the arrow buttons and OK/Select on the LG remote to switch inputs.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

My parents got a TV (LG I believe) when they were in their 80s and it had an “air mouse” style of remote: hardly any buttons – you just picked it up and started moving around a GUI on screen by moving your hand.  Trouble was, they could barely see the GUI and could barely hold the mouse/remote steady enough to click on anything.  I hope you didn’t get one of those.  (But I’m just guessing since no model has been mentioned.)

0 Kudos