Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Re Activation

Jump to solution

The warranty is one year. And of course you need a proof of purchase (the receipt) unless you bought it directly from Roku.

As I mentioned, I'm not a fan of the Express. But I have no problem recommending the Premiere, Ultra or Stick+. But I suggest you review exactly what you are using it for. If it's solely online sources, such as Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, etc., then the Roku, Fire TV or Chromecast are all solid choices. If you also watch media of your own that is stored on a computer, then there's another solid choice, which is the Nvidia Shield. 

I use my Roku and Shield devices for both, and I find the Roku is better for places like Disney+, YouTube, HBO Max and others, nothing can touch the Shield for my local media. It plays everything, regardless of codec or container, and supports all the captions as well. But if you're solely using online sources, I actually prefer Roku for those. I have far less issues with my Ultra than I do with the Shield for many online providers. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos