Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbcruse
Reel Rookie

ROKU Ultra Loses Activation

Hello,

This is my 2nd NEW ROKU Ultra.  The first one I sent back as an exchange.  The new one has the same issue, it doesn't keep activation settings.  Here are the specs:  4802X - ROKU Ultra; Build 11.5.0 build 4235-C2.  I have had to re-activate this device twice since I received it.  Why are the activation settings not staying?  I have not seen this topic yet.  Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU Ultra Loses Activation

Hello @jbcruse

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We would recommend performing a factory reset on the affected device and then try linking your existing Roku account once again.

Perform the following steps with your Roku remote or the Roku mobile app.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced system settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions

For more information, check out this link: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jbcruse
Reel Rookie

Kariza,

Thank you for reaching out.  I've done the hard factory reset as you suggested.  I won't know for a few days if this has solved the issue.  After two weeks, I'll check in again with an update.  Thanks again for your solutions.  It is appreciated.

Julius

0 Kudos
jbcruse
Reel Rookie

Hello,

Factory reset did not work.  I boxed it up and sent it in for a replacement.  I've never had this happen before. So many re-activations.  I've reverted to using my old Ultra LT.  I'm very disappointed in the quality of these new devices.  Thank you for your help and suggestions.

Julius

0 Kudos