Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJL-NH
Channel Surfer

ROKU Express + Panasonic TV compatibility

Throwing in with the same problem, specifically an ancient panasonic ty-st42px5w with a single hdmi port and a roku streaming stick 4k. Have tried various fix attempts based on other boards (port labeling, etc.) to no avail. Always black screen, so shadows or ghosting...Hate to toss the set...Still a spectacular display...

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU Express + Panasonic TV compatibility

@AJL-NH
Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? Have you already tried connecting the Roku device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AJL-NH
Channel Surfer

Thank you...

Roku Streaming Stick operates normally on more modern displays. My old plasma will not recognize Roku in its single HDMI port and remedies found elsewhere online such as various resets and labeling the HDMI port, etc. have been unsuccessful. Have now purchased an HDMI to component scaler/converter and will try that as soon as it's delivered.

Thanks again...Any advice welcome...!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

That appears to be the model number for the stand.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
AJL-NH
Channel Surfer

Yes, of course you are right, and it was not getting me very far... Actual model is TH-37PX50U...

Apologies for not correcting this sooner...

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

That TV doesn't support 1080p, so try taking the stick to another TV and set the "Display type" to 720p.  Don't leave it on Automatic.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
AJL-NH
Channel Surfer

Thanks very much... I did try this helpful suggestion but still no connectivity. Ended up purchasing an Easycel JP-HV-0107 HDMI-to-component scaler converter which synced up with Roku Streaming Stick right out of the box for a very snappy 1080i or p image... Volume, and some other functional controls through the Roku remote are lost but easily worked-around with separate remote... Thanks again...!

0 Kudos