Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nadolguna

Question about Roku Streaming Stick Stability

Hi all,

I have a Roku Streaming Stick (3800X) that for the most part works fine, but every couple days we’ll run into issues that require a power cycle to resolve.

Issues are mostly around media playback, the signal strength will be listed excellent and internet speed will show good when tested on other devices, but Netflix, YouTube TV, etc will stutter making for a poor viewing experience. Things like the video stuttering but the audio and subtitles continuing, or the whole thing stopping.

Reading other posts, it seems that these types of issues are par the course for Roku Stick variant devices after about a year or so due to issues with heat dissipation and being cheaper devices.

I’ve tried re-installing updates through the secret menu, factory resetting, and still run into the same issues. Time to replace? maybe with a Premiere+ instead? Or if this is out of the ordinary then I might just replace it with the same model.

Thanks for reading!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Question about Roku Streaming Stick Stability

Hi @nadolguna,

Thanks for your post. 

We apologize for the inconvenience that you have encountered with your Roku Streaming Stick. We would like to help resolve the issue.

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? We can see that you have Roku Streaming Stick, you can try installing a free HDMI extender to help move it away from the back of your TV to reduce the heat transfer to the device.

If you experience poor video quality video or rebuffering on a regular basis across multiple streaming channels:

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

If these steps do not resolve the issue, kindly let us know along with the additional information you have after the troubleshooting, and the serial number of the Roku device for us to further assist you. 

Regards,
Nimfa