Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harshalions
Reel Rookie

Problems setting up a new Roku express

Jump to solution

I recently purchased a roku express streaming stick and I am stuck at “Let’s get started” page. I tried to hit the middle button but I don’t think my remote is working. I tried placing the remote in direct line of sight and less than a feet, I tried pairing it with the App’s remote but I still can not select the language. I tried unplugging and replugging it, resetting it, changing batteries and none of them work. 
Model number: SKU# 3930R  
SN: S008322M87D5

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Problems setting up a new Roku express

Jump to solution

@Harshalions 

You got a bad remote. If you bought it locally, take it back.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Harshalions 

The 3930 is not a stick, so let's clear that up. It's important, partially because the remotes are very different.

Also, until it's connected to the network, you can't use the app to control it. So put that aside for now.

So, let's see if the IR remote is working. Using the camera on your smartphone, look directly at the end of the remote and press a button. Do you see a light? No light, no IR signal.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Harshalions
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hey! 
thank you for clearing that up. 
I don’t see any light when I press on any of the buttons through my camera. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Harshalions 

You got a bad remote. If you bought it locally, take it back.

DBDukes

Harshalions
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I bought it from Roku’s site. I guess I would have to return it to them. 
Thank you for the help!

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Harshalions 

Roku Returns page.

Walmart is selling the Roku Express 4K+ for $30 right now, by the way. They also have the Roku Express 4K for $30, but the Plus model is a better device for the same money.

Walmart also sells the Premiere for $30, but that's a discontinued model. The Express LE ($25) and SE ($30) are simply the Express under slightly different names; the model numbers are the same.

Similar prices at Best Buy.

DBDukes

0 Kudos