Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JuanFrancisco
Channel Surfer

Problem with the region of the store on a Streambar Roku

Hi, i just wanna start this saying im from Mexico, at my home my family has 4 Rokus, 2 Express (mine) and 1 Streaming Stick and 1 Streambar (my dad)  the 2 Express and the Streaming Stick works perfectly fine but we have an issue with the Streambar.

Apparently the region/store catalogue of the Streambar is placed as if it was America US instead of Mexico even when he bought here in Mexico, i just realized this because first of all the menu of the store is on english even when the main lenguage is Spanish, second, the catalogue has apps that the mexican store doesnt have, in the other 3 rokus we dont have PEACOCK even when you search it because the service is not available in Mexico BUT the Streamingbar has it, the ROKU doesnt allow the ZIPCODE since i guess, the region of it is placed as US and the ZIPCODE is mexican.

I tried searching in every single one of the options of the menu but i couldnt find a way to change the region of the ROKU to Mexico, we have already reset the Roku and start over, we do pick Mexico but its the same problem.  Now, because of this, my father cant use Paramount+ and other apps from Mexico, what can we do to fix this?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Problem with the region of the store on a Streambar Roku

There's no way to change the region.  I assume you're using a different Roku account for the Streambar than the others use.  When you created that account it must have been set up as a US account.  It's far too easy to do.  The only way to fix it is to create a new Roku account ensuring it's a Mexico account.  You should probably close the Roku account that's currently associated with the Streambar.  When you create the new account you might want to use a different computer/browser and/or clear your cookies.  Visit https://channelstore.roku.com and ensure the region in the bottom right corner of the page is set to Mexico.

How to close your Roku® account | Official Roku Support

If my initial assumption is incorrect then make sure the email address displayed under Settings->System->About on the Streambar is what you think it should be or matches the other Roku devices that are working properly.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
JuanFrancisco
Channel Surfer

Interesting, mmm... well the 2 Express are mine and have the same account/mail, the streaming stick and streambar (the one with the problem) have my dads account, i dont know if he has 2 accounts or the same one, ill check it out tomorrow if he is using the same account in both and only has the problem or he has different account and thats why the roku has that issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JuanFrancisco
Channel Surfer

Hi @renojim so i checked the streaming stick, the other Roku owned by my father and is the same issue, so i guess he was the one getting it wrong while making his account, so yeah, thank you. Now i know why he cant use some mexican apps hes already paying for, hes too old so next time i will have to help him to make his account RIGHT so he can get his zip code and apps corrected

Thank you, thank y so much

0 Kudos