Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caffinemomma-55
Reel Rookie

Power cord in the back (tv plug)

We've had our Roku replaced once before, the plug in in the tv is loose on both plugs an if u tap the cord or bump the tv, the tv has the black an white fuzzy then goes purple an I get a hd something screen an tells me to reset. I do but it's still hella sensitive. It just doesn't fit in the port in either of them. It's a Samsung tv. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Power cord in the back (tv plug)

You could try a different cable but the springy bits are in the HDMI jack in the TV not in the cables.  Here’s some videos of people adjusting those.  Doable, but not a super simple task.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LnnyqqzB6c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBSM1hi4CAo

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Oops - just reread your message and I think you're talking about the TV's AC power cord?  (Meaning this is not actually about Roku at all?)  I guess there too, trying a different cable could help.  Usually those are pretty tight.  Are you sure it's pressed in all the way?

0 Kudos
caffinemomma-55
Reel Rookie

the cord is in the hdmi 1 or 2. it went in easy but it wiggles back an forth i feel like its ill fitting. we've had a replacement because it buffered too much but even that one wiggled. the screen will say no signal out of no where and the colors the screen turns is mostly purple an green. then the hdmi warning pops up an we jiggle it an the warning goes away. im just not even sure what to do anymore.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@caffinemomma-55
Thanks for the post.

Are you experiencing this cable connectivity with just this TV in the HDMI plugs or does it happen as well if you were to connect the Roku device to another TV?

It's possible that the issue may be coming from a defective HDMI input on the TV itself.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos