Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TaraM
Channel Surfer

Power cord does not fit securely in device’s USB port

Jump to solution

This is my second Roku premier with exact same issue. The power cord does not fit securely into the USB port on the streaming device. It sits in there and connects but falls out constantly , if anyone moves near the television or breathes too hard basically, it falls out. Then you have to get up, fiddle with it til it reconnects , hold your breath as you back away and then start over from scratch and relocate wherever you were in your program. Obviously it is very annoying.

I had a premier in 2017 with this problem but never dealt with it. I got a new premier last month and it’s doing the same thing! 

why won’t the cord securely connect in the USB port? What needs to be replaced? Why has this happened twice?  Is there something I don’t know?  I really don’t want to replace the whole unit and have to go through reactivating all my channels only to find out it’s the same problem (which is what just happened) Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Power cord does not fit securely in device’s USB port

Jump to solution

You can use any USB cable that fits.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
makaiguy

Jump to solution
I don't recall ever having seen this complaint before so I've got to think it's not a common problem.
You're not, by any chance, reusing your former USB cable are you?
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
TaraM
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

thanks, no the new one did the same thing. i made sure to try them both 

i should just get a new cord. can i use any cord like that or does it need to be from roku? 

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

You can use any USB cable that fits.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TaraM
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

ok der thank you 

that’s embarrassing how obvious that should have been to me. i guess since it’s happened two out of two times i had to ask.... 

thank you

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@TaraM 

Thanks for the posts.

In general, we highly recommend powering your devices through a wall outlet rather than using the TV USB port.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TaraM
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

hi , yeah it was the cord that goes from streaming device into the wall plug in. it’s the little end that won’t fit in the streaming device properly. i put a random usb cord i had around house in and now my life is totally changed 

it is weird that i had that problem two times in a row , on premiers bought 3 years apart 

0 Kudos
urban2

Jump to solution

I have this problem as well.     The micro end of the USB cord does not fit into the device.      The blue light will come on for 2-3 seconds if I wiggle the plug around to make the connection but it will not stay lit up rendering the device useless.   

I have tried 2 other connection USB cords and encounter the same problem.    The issue, I think, is something with the socket not accepting/fitting the cord.      I had no problem for approximately the first six months of use and now I can't watch any streaming services because of the cord issue.    

I would appreciate any advice.   Perhaps it is time to ditch the Roku and try a fire stick.   

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@urban2

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Are you making sure to insert the cord firmly into the appropriate connections on the Roku device? Can you please provide a picture of the issue you are experiencing so we can better understand what you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos